The Catholic War Veterans, organized in 1935, is one of the oldest veterans service organizations. We received an Apostolic Blessing that year from Pope Pius XI and
a Congressional Charter from President Ronald Reagan in 1984.
With Posts throughout the country, the Catholic War Veterans and their Auxiliary support Active Duty personnel and Military Chaplains worldwide, and Veterans here at home in the United States. Our organization’s motto is “For God, For Country, For Home”.
Post 386 was chartered in 1988, with Joseph Farina
as the Charter Commander. It started with 102 charter members and held its monthly meetings at the Sacred Heart School in Newburgh, NY.
Today, we are the largest Catholic War Veterans post
in the state of New York. We meet once a month at
the Activity Center at the New Windsor Town Hall Complex.
We are a high profile Post with 17 United States Military Academy Cadets included in our membership. We have placed scholarships in Sacred Heart School and Bishop Dunn School in Newburgh. We give financial support to the Orange County Veteran’s Food Pantry and to the National Wheelchair Games. We participate in Memorial Services throughout the region as well
as the New Windsor Memorial Day Parade and the General Montgomery Day Parade in Montgomery, NY. We have ongoing programs to assist all veterans.
Our Catholic War Veterans Post 386
monument at the Sacred Heart School